Upward Plank Pose or Purvottanasana is a great pose for opening up your yogic Throat Chakra, giving you the opportunity to express yourself effectively.
Day 15 – Upward Plank Pose and Throat Chakra
by Alek Parkinson, Brit Labonte, and Christi Silbaugh
In the last post we discussed the energies of the Throat Chakra. We know that this chakra is all about your true voice. When this chakra is blocked it can project itself in your fear, frustration, anxiety, and the inability to express yourself appropriately.
To work on opening this chakra and eliminating these issues, sing, dance, write, speak – express yourself! This chakra is cleared by genuine, open expression of truth. It is strengthened by standing up for personal beliefs, and supporting other people, ideologies, or groups, (if you believe in them) but mainly by speaking up for numero uno, the head honcho, the big kahuna, YOU!
Feel your power, your genuine energy, the creator and the created in all of us.
You can experience that power though Upward Plank Pose. This pose is all about strength and grace. It is active, yet it is controlled, and makes you stronger. Just as your Throat Chakra should be.
How to do Upward Plank Pose or Purvottanasana
1) Start in staff pose with your hands several inches behind your hips, and your fingers pointing forward.
2) Bend your knees and place your feet on the floor, away from your bottom.
3) Exhale, press your feet and hands down against the floor and lift your hips until you come into a reverse tabletop position.
4) Without losing the height of your hips, straighten your legs one at a time, relaxing your glutes, pressing your shoulder blades into the back, and relaxing the neck.
5) Drop your head back but only if you are NOT compressing the neck. Hold for 30 seconds, then slowly come down to a seated position.
As with any exercise program you must know yourself and understand your own health before attempting.
Photo Credits in order:
Feature Image: Upward Plank in the Grass: Alek Parkinson @alekmp7
Upward Plank on the Porch: Lauren Martin @Lalamalie_sukhino_yogi
Upward Plank with Lotus: Chelsea Willett @Frankielove954
Upward Plank in the Woods: Robyn Ray @RobynSheaYoga
Upward Plank under the Trees: @namastaaayogi
Please Share our Posts. See Links Below.
Upward Plank Pose
Your magazine can go viral, this is fantastic.
Comments are closed.